The California Community Action Partnership Association (CalCAPA) requests proposals from an experienced Conference Planner to coordinate the CalCAPA 2018 Annual Conference. The conference is scheduled for November 13-16th, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Sonoma in Sonoma County, CA. A contract with the hotel has been executed and approximately 125-150 attendees representing 58 Community Action Agencies throughout California, as well as other representatives coming from Hawaii, Arizona, and Nevada are expected to attend.
community action COMMISSION
Community Action Commission is a large non-profit social services agency in Santa Barbara County with a budget of over $24 million. CAC is dedicated to helping people and changing the lives of low-income individuals & families. For 50 years CAC has worked to cultivate self-sufficiency and to provide opportunities and resources to help people help themselves.
Key programs at CAC include Head Start, Family and Youth Services, Energy Services and Nutrition Services (seniors, youth and children).
CAC is seeking a process-minded, metrics-driven and strategic leader to serve as Chief Operating Officer (COO). Reporting to the Agency Executive Director, the COO will be responsible for diverse operations key to the fulfillment of the organization’s vision and potential. The successful candidate will drive the implementation of quality improvement systems and performance-based management and accountability at CAC, in particular Results Oriented Management and Accountability (ROMA) principles and practices.
The candidate we seek is an enthusiastic and successful non-profit leader with proven management skills and expertise in the sector. The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters’ is highly desirable)
- At least ten (10) years’ non-profit work experience with increasing responsibility
- Five years’ proven experience in senior management in a non-profit organization, to include supervising and interacting with seasoned staff responsible for key organizational functions
- Ability to conceptualize, plan for, and implement best practices, and innovative operational models
- Outstanding leadership, managerial, technical and organizational skills with the capacity to oversee complex and diverse operations and effectively perform and complete multiple duties and assignments currently
- Effective written and oral communication capability, with the ability to create and sustain effective working relationships with key internal partners and external stakeholders
- Ability to make sound decisions in a crisis situation and,
- A passion to make a difference for vulnerable populations throughout Santa Barbara County!
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution and continuing success of one of the nation’s community action agencies.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 20, 2018 by 12 noon.